At The Women’s Resource Centre we have many different services for women who are looking for advocacy. We have our Community Resource Advocate and our Sexual Assault Advocate who can assist women in navigating various services throughout Westman.
Our Community Resource Advocate acts as a support for women who need assistance navigating the resources available in Brandon/Westman. Our advocate can assist women in a variety of issues these include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting women in filling out documentation, including Manitoba Housing
- Accessing relevant rental listings
- Accompaniment to a variety of appointments
- Connecting women to needed services in Westman
For more information or to book an appointment, contact our Community Resource Advocate at (204) 726-8632 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Sexual Assault Advocate acts as a support and resource for women who have been sexually assaulted. Similar to the Community Resource Advocate, the Sexual Assault Advocate ensures that women are connected to the resources they need to work through the trauma that they have experienced. This can include:
- Accompaniment to police services
- Accompaniment to medical appointments
- Assistance with filing police reports
- Referrals to Victim’s Compensation
For more information or to book an appointment contact our Sexual Assault Advocate at (204)726-8632 or email@example.com.