What is sexual assault?
- Any sexual activity, contact, or touching that makes you uncomfortable, that you did not consent to
- Being pressured or manipulated into unwanted sexual activity or contact
- Being unable to give consent to the sexual activity because you were asleep, unconscious, or intoxicated
- Forced kissing or fondling
- Forced oral, anal, or vaginal intercourse
The Women’s Resource Centre provides free counselling services to women who have experienced sexual assault. Our Sexual Assault Counselor works closely with our Community Resource Advocates to provide services including accompaniment and support in making police reports and attending court.
For further information or to book an appointment please contact us at (204) 726-8632 ext. 101.